Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Starting ‘er out

Well, I have decided to publish a weblog, or blog as they are known colloquially. My intention is to record my observations about life in a new city, a new country and a new continent. Of course in the case of Australia, the country and continent are the same so the impact is lost a little bit, but it makes for better copy. So here I am. I have left my job as a mechanical engineer at the synchrotron in Saskatoon to become a fire safety engineer in Sydney. My last day of work in Saskatoon was Thursday the 20th of March and my first day in Sydney was the 31st, so there has been little time to rest or reflect or even genuflect.

I arrived in Sydney at 9:30 in the morning on Saturday the 29th. I suppose I was jetlagged but I didn’t feel too bad, I went for a walk in the city, I found my hotel and some groceries, had lunch with the new boss and went to bed pretty early.

OK, so if there are any readers ever, you will have to forgive me as I am just getting started, and I have yet to find my narrative voice. There will likely be more boring posts than entertaining, and possibly long gaps between them. With that, I give you “No, the other Thorpedo”.

No comments: